GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Who we are
- Welcome to SlowCo’s terms and conditions (Terms). We’ve designed them to help you better understand who we are and the services we offer.
- Our website (https://slowcosustainable.com, and other domains owned by SlowCo Limited) is a platform where our customers can buy products from ethical and sustainable brands that we’ve individually selected, we hope you love them as much as we do.
- Our website and the interactive features and services available through our website, are owned and operated by SlowCo Limited, an English company with registration number 12300929.
- In these Terms and on our website, when we use the terms SlowCo, we, us or ourwe’re referring to Slowco Limited.
Agreeing to these terms
- By accessing our website you agree to these Terms and to the additional documents and policies that are referred to in these Terms, specifically, the Shipping and Returns Policy and the Privacy and Cookies Policy.
- Whether you’re a browser, a seller, a buyer or someone who contributes content for our website, these Terms will apply to you. In these Terms, references to you and your are to all users of our website.
- Please read these Terms carefully before accessing our website. If you don’t agree to the Terms or you don’t fully understand them you should contact us right away and stop using the website.
- You can always review the most current version of these Terms on this page of our website. From time to time we update, change or replace parts of these Terms by posting updates and / or changes on this page. Remember to check back in before you shop as the latest set of Terms will always apply.
The Slowco experience and customer service
- We want you to have the best possible experience with SlowCo.
- We have a dedicated customer services team who are on hand to provide any assistance that you need.
- If you have any questions, please contact the customer services team by emailing email@example.com, we always love to hear from you.
- We’ll do our best to respond to all enquiries as soon we can.
- We appreciate that most of this is common sense but nevertheless it’s important that you agree to the following when you use our website:
- you’re over 16 years old;
- you won’t use our website for any illegal, fraudulent or unauthorised purpose;
- if we give you a password, you’ll keep it confidential;
- all information that you provide to us is true, accurate and up to date;
- you’re acting on your own behalf and not on behalf of anyone else;
- you’re authorised to use the payment method that you use on our website (e.g. it’s in your name or you have express permission to use it);
- you will at all times act honestly, responsibly and respectfully when accessing our website and when interacting with us, the brands that we work with and our other customers;
- you won’t transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature;
- you won’t hack, modify, reverse engineer or create derivative works of the Website or any part of it;
- you won’t use your access to the website to send marketing communications; and
- you won’t extract or otherwise use any of the content on our website for commercial purposes without our permission.
The SlowCo website
- We’ve designed our website to give you the best possible experience.
- Whilst we use reasonable care and skill to ensure that the website is fully functional and secure at all times, it’s provided on an “as is” basis which means that we can’t guarantee that the website itself or any content on the website, will always be available, that it will be uninterrupted or that it will be error free.
- We may need to suspend or restrict the availability of all or any part of the website, without explanation, for business or operational reasons. We’ll do our best to keep interruptions to a minimum.
- Although we try to keep all information on the website up to date and ensure that it’s correct, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied about the website. This also applies to product information and pricing.
- Where the website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, those links are provided for your information only. The links shouldn’t be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or of the information that you may access from them. We have no control over the content of those sites or resources, and we accept no responsibility for them.
- We receive feeds, comments, photos, product information, product pricing and content from third parties (including but not limited to the brands that we work with). We can’t verify this third party content and we can’t confirm that it’s always correct or error free, so we accept no responsibility or liability for it.
- We try to keep our website secure and safe but like most other websites, we can’t guarantee that it will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- We may suspend your access to the website if we think that you have breached these Terms, we’ll only do this as a last resort.
Your legal relationship with SlowCo and our brands
- On our website you can either purchase products directly from us or from brands that list their products on our website. If you’re not sure which category a particular product falls within, please let us know and we’ll confirm.
- Our legal relationship with you depends on what you’re buying and where you’re located.
- Where you’re buying products from us, every time you buy a product, you’ll enter into a contract with us, regardless of where you’re located.
- Where you’re purchasing products from brands, we act as their agent. This means that brands have authorised us to act on their behalf to sell their products. The precise nature of the contract depends on where you’re receiving your order:
- if you’re receiving your order inside the UK, we enter into a contract with you for the sale of the relevant products in our own name but the ultimate responsibility to you for those products lies with the brands.
- if you're receiving your order outside the UK, the legal contract is between you and the brands. SlowCo doesn’t itself act as a seller and we’re not a party to your contract with the brand.
Orders, products and delivery
- When you place an order through our website, you’ll receive an order confirmation by email.
- A contract for the sale of the relevant product is concluded between you and us or you and a brand (as applicable) when you place your order.
- Where your contract is with a brand, the contract will be on each brand’s terms of business so you should make sure that you read and understand them, they can be accessed on the brand’s website.
- If there’s a conflict between these Terms and a brand’s terms of business, these Terms will prevail between you and us.
- Where your contract is with us, it will be on these Terms.
- Where you buy a product from a brand, you’ll receive the benefit of any rights of refund, after sales service, warranties or guarantees offered by the brand or product manufacturer, as well as any statutory protections offered to purchasers of products of that type.
- Where you buy a product from a brand, the brand is solely responsible for the product that you purchase and for the delivery of the product to you.
- Delivery costs may vary between brands and there may be different delivery options available. We’ll tell you about delivery options and costs before you place an order, usually at the check-out page.
- We’ll do our best to ensure that all products are delivered to you as soon as possible and usually no later than 20 days after your order is confirmed.
- SlowCo doesn’t give any warranties or representations, whether express or implied, to you in relation to products that you buy from brands through our Website because brands take full responsibility for their products.
- We take no responsibility to you for any default, omission or breach of a brand or manufacturer.
- If you have any after sales queries, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, we will be happy to assist you.
Taxes and import duties
- If you order products through our website for delivery to certain countries, your order may be subject to import duties and taxes. Unfortunately, SlowCo doesn’t have any control over these charges, and if they apply you’ll sometimes need to pay them before you can receive your order.
Cancellation, returns and refunds
- Please refer to our Shipping and Returns Policy which sets out how and when you can return products and request refunds.
- You can cancel or request to amend orders for any reason, at any time before despatch.
- You can also cancel orders at any time up to 14 days after the date on which you receive the product.
- We do our best to avoid this but in certain limited circumstances we may refuse a return or refund, for example, if you’ve damaged the product. Further details of these circumstances are set out in our Shipping and Returns Policy.
- We may, at our sole discretion, cancel an order at any time if there has been a breach of these Terms, or if we reasonably consider that a breach of these Terms is likely to occur. We do our best to avoid cancelling orders.
User comments, feedback and other submissions
- You might provide us with content, for example, creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials (together, Content). For example, you might do this by using the hashtag #SlowCo on social media, by posting comments on our website or by emailing Content to us.
- You agree that, however you have provided it to us, we may without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use your Content in any medium.
- If you (or anyone referred to in the Content) asks us to remove the Content, we’ll do our best to remove the Content from the social media accounts that we control and from our website.
- We take no responsibility and assume no liability for anyone’s Content.
- We respect your privacy and are committed to being transparent when it comes to collecting and processing your personal information.
- We’ll make sure that we comply with all applicable data protection legislation in relation to personal information that you supply to us when you access our website.
- We hope that the information set out above and contained in our policies is helpful. However, if you have any questions about the handling of your personal information, please contact email@example.com.
Intellectual property, software and content
- Our logo, the design and content of the website, all marketing materials and all software contained within the website (Protected IP) are protected by copyright, trade-marks, patents and other intellectual property rights belonging to us and our licensors.
- We expressly reserve all intellectual property rights in and to the Protected IP and you may not use the Protected IP for any reason not expressly permitted under these Terms.
- Under no circumstances shall using the Website grant you any interest in the Protected IP.
- You’re not permitted to reproduce, download, modify, copy, republish or use the Protected IP in any way that’s not expressly permitted under these Terms.
- We have no liability for any claims, losses, or damage caused by errors or omissions by you nor for any actions that we take on your instructions.
- If we cause damage to your device or digital content because we didn’t use reasonable care and skill, we can choose to either repair the damage or pay you compensation.
- We have no liability to you for any incidental, indirect, consequential or special losses, any loss of profit, loss of business, loss of data, loss of revenue, depletion of goodwill or reputation, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- Our total aggregate liability to you under these Terms and the documents and policies referred to in these Terms is limited to the total amount that you’ve spent on our Website during the 6 (six) month period preceding the date on which your claim arises.
- Whenever you use our website, these Terms will apply. You can terminate the agreement between us at any time by ceasing to use the website.
- If in our sole judgment we consider that you have failed to comply with these Terms, we may terminate this agreement and stop your access to the website immediately.
- All obligations and liabilities that relate to the period before the termination date will survive the termination of this agreement. For example, if you’ve paid for a product, we will still deliver it to you and if you’ve committed to make a payment to us, you will still need to make the payment.
- If any provision or part-provision of these Terms is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these Terms.
- If any provision of these Terms is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
- If these Terms are translated into any language other than English, the English language version shall prevail.
- The Shipping and Returns Policy and the Privacy and Cookies Policy form an integral part of these Terms and shall have effect as if they were set out in full in the body of these Terms. In the event of any inconsistency between the main body of these Terms and the other documents, the main body shall prevail.
- Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- These Terms are subject to the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
 In these circumstances we’re acting as undisclosed agent ofthe brands. We won’t disclose the identity of the brands to you but please contact us if you need this information.
 In these circumstances we’re acting as disclosed agent of the brands.